Monday, December 20, 2010

Update

I thought I had posted this last week, since I took the time to type it I decided to post it anyways even though it's "outdated". lol

____________________________________________________________________
So an update has been called for...I can always trust a sister to get after me if I haven't posted in a week or so, sometimes even if I haven't posted in a day or two. Sisters got love 'em! lol

So, here's the (old) update. I've now been up here in New York for 4 months & 6 days (someone PLEASE tell me where the time has gone!?!). Lynn and I are starting to drive down to Texas with 20-30 goats in the back of the pick-up & trailer. We leave bright & early Monday morning and are hoping to be in Texas no later then Wednesday morning. Prayers for us would be greatly appreciated as it's not the easiest thing to dive with that many goats, and not even to mention we're doing it in the middle of December! (Yeah, I know CRAZY, that's me!)

On other notes, this coming Saturday will be my last Saturday to sell at the Green Market in Union Square. I've greatly enjoyed getting to know the costumers and other vendors there. It's a great market & I would highly suggest visiting there if ever your in New York City. That being said I can't wait to get back to my home town and the farmers markets there as I miss all our costumers and the other vendors there. :D

I've seen so much in my off days, to be completely honest at one point I had seen so much I felt like I was sightseeing out. And I thought I would never say that. I've seen more things then I thought I would ever see in NYC and saw quite a bit of the New York & Pennsylvania country side. However I would absolutely love to come back as there is so much history here that I would love to see it all & I never got to Cooperstown for the Baseball Hall of Fame, so I can see future trips to see more of it.

And the countryside & people! The countryside is beautiful and the people were great I will miss all the friend's I've made up here, as well as the view's that I've grown used to.
____________________________________________________________________

With all that I saw I learned a lot, from goat care to cheese making. From Modern history to history dating back to the foundation of our country. I loved every aspect of my time up there except for the fact that it was over 1700 miles from my family & I missed them greatly. It was something that I had wanted to do for a while--Could I live without my family? Yes, I could however it wasn't the easiest thing I had done & not something I want to do again any time soon. Yes, if in the future God has me moving away from the family I'll tackle that problem when I come to it...Until then I'll enjoy my family every second that I can (hence all the pictures now on face book since I got home. lol).

Over the next few weeks & months I'll try to post more pictures of my times up there, but as I saw so much it will take a while to share everything with y'all. Thanks for 'joining' me on my trip & for the prayers that y'all said for me, I needed them & greatly appreciated them!! :D

No comments: