Saturday, July 24, 2010

Driving

Christin and Grace are getting their fair share of teasing when it comes to driving lately. Since, they both might be getting their permits soon. Of course everyone is teasing them on how they think the girls are going to drive, what will they do when it's raining, someone cuts them off, they get lost, etc.

And then of course the teasing gets turned to me and my driving abilities and how I drive during certain circumstances. The girls LOVE telling dad and mom all about my driving when their not in the car and the things I say, do, or threaten to do. Of course everyone laughs, no one expects me to do what I say I will do but, they love teasing me and my driving.

When it's raining (which it does a lot here) I have a white knuckled grip in the steering wheel and the girls are all pretty sure that my noes touches the windshield in trying to get a full view of the street. No talking is permitted of anyone and I mutter the entire time "I HATE, HATE, HATE driving in the rain!! I would MUCH rather drive all night then an hour in the rain!".

Don't even ask about being late. I spend the entire time muttering "I should have been there __ minutes ago, do you know what it does to people when your late?!" and driving like a mad thing, when I am late is when cruise control is my best friend or I would have broken any and all records for most speeding tickets ever!

Then there's the rush hour traffic and the muttering to other cars that if they DARE cut me off I'll....I'll....I'll...Not sell them their goats milk!!

Yep, that's me a speed demon (even though it took well over a year for it to come out and there are still times I'm asked why I drive so sloooowly.), crazy mutter, and very impatient driver.

And the girls? Well, Grace will let almost anyone over, she'll drive no fast then the limit, be kind to all and take the rain when it comes with no other thought about it.

Christin, will be a little on the fast side let one in every three people over, might mutter a little-but nothing like me, and think it's great to drive in the rain. :D

And I? Well, I'll be more than happy to drive any and every chance I get! lol

No comments: