Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Next Step In My Life...


A week ago I blithely walked into my to ask mom a question and had one posed to me instead (I don't think I ever got around to asking mom the soap question until later that week).

Dad: "How would you like to go be in work on another goat dairy?"

And so started a whirlwind round of prayer& phone calls.

'Long' story short....I will be leaving for New York--Namely Pine Bush, New York home of Lynnhaven farm--on the 4th of August (the day before Judah's birthday and two days before Christin's & Sara's birthday...Setting a record for most birthdays ever missed by Katie!). I will be gone for four months, coming back to Houston once that time at the end of September.

I'll be working with cheese, helping with goats, and learning as much as I can!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Wow! That's pretty big! I'll be praying for you! And for your family, that they can survive without you :P

Sarah Chips said...

Wow. that all happened super fast/suddenly! But totally awesome that you have the opportunity. :) Enjoy your time there and learn lots!