Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1st

The day I start planning my Thanksgiving meal (I LOVE to cook & I LOVE the holidays), when I really start buying Christmas gifts, if I don't already have them and for those that I do have, I start wrapping them. The last two months of the year have to be my favorite ones!

But then I'm also used to Novembers where it can be in the 80s and tee shirts are the norm, and I've also eaten Thanksgiving dinner out on the deck. But, that's not to be up here...November first and there was a layer of ice on the waters & yesterday I saw some sort of frozen precipitation. And Thanksgiving this year? Well, it promises to be COLD!

I'm pretty sure I'll survive, but I do think I need to buy a whole new wardrobe, since unlike Houston my summer wardrobe won't work in New York's winter.

1 comment:

Sarah Chips said...

Alas, we are opposites. You are lamenting the fact that it will be cold on your Thanksgiving and I am lamenting that it will be warm/ish (most likely in the 60's) on Thanksgiving. haha