Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Let's See....

Here's a quick rundown of how it went at the livestock show....

  • I Worked Crazy Hours...
I ended up working 118 hours. In that 118 hours I served more cobblers, coffees, ice creams, cokes and milkshakes then I can count. Note I said work, that's not counting the hours I enjoyed the Livestock show with my family two Wednesdays, when I went to the Rodeo last Saturday, or when I spent six hours wondering around the place trying to figure out what to do while Christin watched her Alpaca show (I had already watched 20 minutes of it, that was ALL I could take!!).

  • I Missed My Family...
I can't believe how much Seth grew up in the three weeks that I worked there, he is now making it known what he wants with words and not grunts or pointing. Noah and Judah missed me, they have started asking me less if I am going to the Rodeo and more if they can do things like watch TV or play a game with me.

  • I Enjoyed Meeting Everyone...
It was lots of fun serving and meeting the people that I met. From fellow showers and farmers, to other vendors, workers, and Livestock visitors. As well as the volunteers. The repeat costumers were lots of fun and learning all about the different committees and work put into the Rodeo was a learning experience.

  • I So Do NOT Want A Full Time Job...
I realize that in the three weeks that I was working I was off the farm every single day except for one, this past Friday. If I wasn't at the Livestock show I was at Market or church and even a couple times I was at the Livestock show after those events. I missed a number of Noah and Timothy's baseball practices, I missed watching the boys and Libby grow as much as they did in that three weeks. I missed helping the family with normal farm chores, getting ready for markets, kiddings, I missed Grace's birthday and 3/4 of Spring Training. I missed a lot and SOOOO don't want to do that again! And when if ever I look into a job again I will be keeping that in mind.

  • I Fell In Love...
With the Espresso maker!! I would love making Lattes, Cappuccinos, Espresso shots, Americano, and even decaf coffee, all so I could play with the Espresso maker! I'm am now looking over the one we have and seeing what I need to get to make it function properly and/or just looking into buying an entire new one.

There you have it, now to get back into the routine of farm and market life, work on introducing the rest of my family to you, and work on my "To Read" list with the extra hours I now have in my days. (Yeah right!)

No comments: