Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jobs I Hate

Have you ever signed up for a job, thinking it would be quick and easy, something that even though you may not like you do it any ways because it's quick, easy, & and way to bless someone? Yes, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about as everyone has done a task like what I just mentioned. Either to just get the job done with & out of the way or to bless someone, we've all been there done that.

Well, I did that a couple months ago. Mom was needing help making phone calls about goats that we were selling and she couldn't find the time with a dairy to run, children to teach, and being pregnant at the same time. Sure thing, even though I hate making phone calls I could do them for her quick and easy, get the goats sold, gone, and be done with it. And that's what I did. Made the calls, sold the goats, and finished with the task, thinking I was done with it for good.

Yeah, right!! Never in this business. lol A couple days ago mom handed me a sheet of paper with about a half dozen names and numbers. All people that I was to call who wanted to buy goats from us. So as I cringe inside with the thought of having to make yet another phone call. I say to mom "Sure thing, no problem, anytime! Just give me the list and I'll get it done!".

Right around after my 6th phone call today I had two thoughts....The first being that I should have started saying "Hi, this Katie from Swede Farm Dairy Sales.". And second was that much as I greatly appreciate Alexander Graham Bell's invention, there are times when I wish it wasn't around and call #7 was it!

Yes, I can be (and tend to be) sarcastic. Something y'all don't see to often on the other side of computer world. And now at the end of a day where I've spent a good bit of it on the phone I'm thinking that right now is a perfect time to grab a cup of coffee, a bowl of ice cream, and a good book. Yup, that sounds like a great idea, I'll do it right after I get Seth down for bed, until then y'all enjoy your evening! :D

No comments: