Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Meet My Family--Grace

Grace is the closet to me, which is a laugh considering how different in personalities we are. Grace is very quite, laid back, and has a wit that could kill.

Those things aside, we are very alike. We both like chocolate, coffee (though she does drink more tea then I do), baseball, the same style books, clothing, food, TV shows, & music, and generally get along very well.

Grace is the horse lover, she wanted horses when we lived in the city. In fact she was SURE that she would one day own at least one horse. It took her two years once we moved to the country but then she went all out. With in ten months of owning her first horse she owned three, one of which was a pony that she was either going to have to send to a trainer or break herself. Being the passive aggressive type that she is, she said she was saving money (and she was) but not as fast as she could since "other things just always seem to come up". She ended up doing what she wanted to do in the first place---Train him herself and has done a very good job of it so far.

Being the very direct person that she is, she always has an answer for that question that most young people don't have at her age or have a hard time answer--"What are you going to be when you grow up?" Grace: "At this point I am training to be a Vet tech, but if I KNEW--As in God told me--that I wasn't going to get married and have a family I would be a Vet. But since that takes so much from your family at this point I am just trying to be a Vet tech, which will help me with any of my animals and be an opening into a job if I ever need one."

Yes that's Grace always ready with an answer for any question you might have for her. Sometimes it's not always the most series answer to the question. As I already mention she has a wit that can hurt. I've sat there watching her talk to someone and have her crack a joke about them or herself that from anyone else would have been insulting, but from Grace it makes everyone laugh and makes you know she likes you a lot. :D (I pity any man that comes around to call on her that she might not like!!!)

Miss Grace is not only very good with animals, but with children as well. She can always make them laugh and is very willing to stay up with cranky or sick children if they want her to. She's spends many hours playing, reading, or generally taking care of them.

Be warned though, if you ever meet her it will take awhile to get her out of her shell. If you know her now and she cracks jokes, teases, or even talks to you you know if you've made the cut in her estimation. (In fact not only do I pity any man that she might not like that comes calling on her, but comes calling on any of us girls!! lol )

Oh, and PLEASE!! Never say anything bad about her horse, family, or product (as she is the one during all the pasteurizing and cheese making currently) I would highly suggest that you stay away as she can give you a look that could boil water!! And if it's late at night I would again highly suggest that you either not talk to her or offer to cover what ever she's doing so that she might go to bed as she's worse then a momma hen with chicks!!

That's Grace--Quite, laid back, yet oh so caring, considerate, funny and lovable. But very dangerous when tired, or offended (With wit her main choice of weapon). She's one great person to have as a friend!!

No comments: