Monday, April 12, 2010

What to Blog?

I am currently having writers block! Oh, that's nothing new, I've lost count of how many times that has happened while I've been blogging. Truth be told it's something I've battled with my entire life! Shot, my mom had the hardest time assigning my writing assignments, knowing that it would either be weeks (or maybe even months) before she saw the paper or tons of moaning and groan as I stayed up nights trying to get my thoughts from mind to paper.

That link between mind and paper was broken and would never fix it's self, leaving me hard pressed to fix it. Sadly it's just not to be, I'm to live with my spelling and English short comings. And the lack of what to write will always be something I am deal with. The truth of the matter is that more often then not I have to go searching for something to post about and asking my family for something to post about is a weekly occurrence.

In all honesty I think that might be one thing that keeps me from even looking into going to collage (besides the fact that that is not the path God would have me take at this point), the idea that I might have to write a paper about anything intimidates me more then I care to admit! Yeah, I know it's silly. But it's true! I can't even write a paper on baseball, goats, or my family without it taking weeks, sleepless nights, and believe it not sometimes tears to get it completed!

Yup, I'm slightly miserable. Yes, I sound hysterical even to myself. Yeah more often then not I'll laugh about it and move on with it. Yup you got it....That's me, if you haven't met me yet here the first bit of introduction for you...."Hi, I'm Katie. I'm the oldest of soon to be 12 children, live with my family working on our goat dairy. I can't spell and my English is horrid!"

Yes, I crack more jokes at it then any other person here and I roll with it. That is until I sit here noticing that I've not posted much more then hymns on market days and then I feel slightly pathetic.

If only I could fix that link. But then I guess if I could fix that link I could fix many things in a child's school life and be famous and rich. But then we all know that's not going to happen! lol

4 comments:

Dee said...

no reason to feel pathetic about posting hymns! I love them and you just might educate and encourage people with them.

Sarah Chips said...

For having writer's block you certain produced a decent sized post! heehee Are you going to finish your "Meet My Family" series or do you have writer's block on that too?
Each person is different. Not everyone can do the same things as good as the next person. If you could write a paper without any trouble or spell without any fault you wouldn't be Katie. Plus, you're good at things that other people aren't good at. You can survive on a very minimal amount of sleep, manage the dairy, and plan and pull off big get-togethers, etc. Personally, I like you how you are; writer's block and all. :)

Katarina said...

Thanks, Dee! That is what I was hoping to do, have people love reading them and hopefully encourage others. I wasn't feeling pathetic for posting them, I was feeling for pathetic for posting only them. :D

Sara, thanks! I'm doing my best on the meet my family series, but like I said it takes forever for things to get from brain to paper...errr...Monitor...Oh, what ever.

Sure, I would be Katie who could spell perfectly and have wonderful posts.

Kira said...

WOW! For not knowing what to write you sure wrote a lot. I don't get writers block on my school work I get writers block on my fictional stories that I write. I have never gotten past the first chapter.