Monday, June 28, 2010

History & The 4th of July

In case you didn't know it I love history and the 4th of July is ranks in my top two favorite holidays (What's not to like with the music, history, and fireworks?!?). So I am forever coming up with trivia that pertains to the 4th & history and driving my friends and family crazy at the same time with my "Did you knows?". I did it last year with my blog and was told by more than two people that though it was fun to read the blog post there where some questions that "Only you or a historian would know!", plus who ever really thinks about people like Button Gwinnett? Yup me. but then I love factoids, trivia, and history and thanks to my parents, love of reading, and enjoyment in learning it only gets worse as the years go along. lol

So this year to spare all those people who think I go over the top with trivia and useless facts I promise to only ask question on day this week (on the blog alone!), I'll only mention Button Gwinnett in this post, the blog will not change in theme, and come Sunday I will not pester everyone I meet with "Do you know?" questions, I promise!

But I will spend this week talking about those men who either fought the battle of words or bullets for the freedom that they believed that they and their children should have. (No jokes please! :D )

No comments: