Thursday, June 17, 2010

"Never Say Never"

If I've heard that once I've heard it a thousand times. :D

While talking with my best friend a couple day ago (Rather my 'adopted' sister--I've known her longer then any of my siblings!). She started laughing at something I had said.

First what made her laugh was that it was--
"Oh, so something your mother would say!"
Second it was something I had told her one time a long, long time--
"I would NEVER say that to any of MY children or even someone I am babysitting, as it drives me nuts when mom says it to me, so why would I say it to other children?!?!"

Well, she caught me saying it to one of my siblings. And what's worse as I talked about it with her I realized that I had been saying both things for years and even said it to the kids I was coaching in little league (much to the pleasure of all the parents).

"This is not a banana in my ear it's a phone!"
and
Child: "I'm thirsty!" Me: "Nice to meet you! I'm Katie!"



No comments: