Friday, June 4, 2010

Two Things That Make Me Scream

There are two things that my sisters know will ALWAYS make me scream and a third that will make me scream. (Which is something in their books.)

The first is mice, rats, aka rodents. If a rodent is sighted and I hear about I'm up on the nearest chair. Think Tom & Jerry--While Tom is chasing Jerry around the kitchen chair and the lady is standing on the chair holding her skirt up screaming. Yup that's me! There's nothing that can make me incapable of work then seeing or hearing about a mouse being within a hundred feet of me!

The other main thing being being tree roaches, not just any roaches. Roaches I can handle--Kill them and treat for them and your done with them. Not tree roaches, those things true to their name life in trees and as things go in Texas--"Every thing's larger in Texas" well, these things sure seem to prove it. Their HUGE! And you can't just step on them and have them gone, they are like tiny bombs if you do that. Emma thinks I'm a wimp, as she's always loving to do it while I'm running away and letting her deal with them. I've had more nightmares that center around these little, disgusting, bombs then anything else.

And the third thing, which sends my sisters into fits of hysterical laughing--Cat's jumping out of drawings at me. It started when a cat found it's way into one of my drawers under my bed and sprang at me when I opened, the girls thought it was hysterical and have on and off over the years they have put cats in drawers that they knew I was about to open only to hear me scream, as it's the only time that they get to hear me scream and really give me a fright.

4 comments:

Sarah Chips said...

I shall definitely take note of those things. haha You should try taking a broom and running after the rodents trying to smash them. That's what cured me of being afraid of the critters. (well, it was more like I got mad at them because there were so many an being mad kind of defeated my fear but hey, it's all the same thing, right?? haha)

Katarina said...

Nope, I promise you they have me so freaked out that I can't even think, other then to run from them!!

Sarah Chips said...

haha I remember when I was little and we had mice that I would sleep with my blankets and pillow over my head so they couldn't "get me" (hmm...perhaps that was a result of reading a book that told about a guy who woke up in the middle of the night to find that mice were chewing off his hair to build a nest..)
When we really had a problem with mice and a trap had to be set net to my bed I refused to sleep in my room until the mice were caught (There was NO way I was going to sleep next to a snap trap!!!). I'm over all that now. Yes. Completely over it. Now I just run after them like a mad woman and beat them with a broom stick. haha Maybe, just maybe someday You'll get over your fear too. ;)

Katarina said...

I don't think so!! The girls laugh about the one way to make me look like a poor helpless female is to let lose a rodent in the room with me, then not only do you have a roaming rodent but a screaming, poor helpless female. lol