Sunday, September 26, 2010

"Who Me? Really!"

Said I as I pointed to myself and raised an eyebrow.
"Yes, you!" answered the girl with a chuckle as she went back to rolling cheese.


For those of you who didn't know, I started this blog in March of 2009. The main purpose was to have a quick & easy way to post pictures and updates on our life for Christin & Grace while they were in Europe for two months. :D When they came back I thought of stopping, only to be told by Christin "Why? I enjoy reading it even when I know what's going on!" So I continued the blog and the rest is history. Right?

So, a few weeks ago I was posting about something (I think it was the post about "God Bless America") and one of the girls who helps roll cheese called up to me to tell me she was heading out to the creamery to work on cheese. I yelled back I would be down in a few minutes.

Five minutes later I walk into the creamery ready to work & she asks "What took you so long?" (in a teasing manner). I answered "I had to finish my blog post, as I haven't blogged in a week or so." She looked at me kind of weirdly and asked "You blog?"

"Yes" and I told her how it started. She then chuckled and said "You know? That's kind of nerdy!" to which I replied with..."Who Me? Really!".

I had to laugh though as I thought about it because the term nerd refers "to a person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, or endeavors, knowledge, or other obscure interests, rather than engaging in more social or conventional activities"

Some how the term nerd never really seemed to apply to me when I thought about it. Then I looked it up and KNEW there was no way it really could apply to me, right? I mean last I checked I am not really a scientific person and when it comes to technical things I may be slightly technical savvy, when you get down to it I am really not, I know just enough to get me by. And to top it all off...I could be wrong, but I'm not really the person who prefers computers to human beings. :D

Now though, when I talk about it she chuckles & thinks it's a great idea, though she still thinks it is a little weird.

2 comments:

3rdlong said...

Haha! Never thought of you as nerdy either.
You know the first documented use of the word was in a Dr. Seuss book? I'm sure you knew that though. :D

Katarina said...

No I didn't know that, if I had that might have been a little nerdy. lol (Sorry I couldn't help it!!) But some how that doesn't surprise me. :D