Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yesterday's Day Off...

So, yesterday was my weekly day off, and unlike previous weeks it wasn't was WAY full. :D Well, for Carlson standards. lol

Yesterday I spent looking at goats, visiting a cemetery, viewing the grounds at Vanderbilt, And touring the Culinary Institute of America. A laid back & enjoyable day, even though it did feel like home in the mid to upper 90s.

The first stop was a Cemetery in Rhinebeck NY. For those of you who don't know my family all that we LOVE visiting cemeteries. You learn so much from them, see so many interesting names, and learn about people things you might not have. :D


After that it as touring the grounds of the Vanderbilt mansion. Due to a prior reservation I didn't have enough time to tour the mansion it's self but it is the plans for sometime while in New York.




After the rose garden & grounds at the Vanderblit I went down to the riverbank and took some up close pictures of the Hudson river. Ever since I first saw the Mississippi river at the age of seven rivers have fascinated me and the Hudson was no different. (When I am rich, and have nothing else to do with my time or money I am going to travel down the Mississippi river lol)





After that it was on to the the Culinary Institute of America, something I would never have thought of if someone had not mentioned it to me. But I greatly enjoyed my time there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad your having fun!
Christin