Monday, May 11, 2009

I forgot.....

I have talked about who I am, my family, our dairy, and every now and then I talk about our daily lives. I have told about how the names came up for the farm, my business, and my blog. I have talked about my jobs before now and what I am doing now. I have talked about my siblings, animals, and car troubles.

But I forgot to give a warning! I meant to post about this on day one or two, but completely forgot to do so. I have thought about it on and off since I started and mom and dad told me I should explain/warn about my misspellings and grammar. But it's one of those things for me that is hard to explain. It's hard enough in person, but on a computer? Oh, even worse!! At least, with the computer I have links I can send y'all to for all your questions. lol

I am talking about is my spelling and grammar. If you have any doubts about this, which I doubt you do, by now. You can contact my mom and dad and ask them about my years in school. Those were the days when they were thankful that they had decided to home school me. :D

I have Dysgraphia, and no I am not misspelling this! I call it a broken link between my mind and my paper (or computer screen). I know what I want to say, but half the time I cannot get it on paper they way I want to, I know how a word should look, but I can't tell you how to correctly spell it. Most times I can tell you when it's in correctly spelled, but for the life of me I cannot tell you how to correct it. When I need spelling help, I call on Grace. I have been calling on Grace since she was 12!! It also affects my writing, my 12 year old sister can write better than I can.

Here is another description of Dysgraphia.....

"Dysgraphia" is a learning disability resulting from the difficulty in expressing thoughts in writing and graphing. It generally refers to extremely poor handwriting."

In the years that my parents have been teaching me, we have learned a lot about Dysgraphia. First we have learned that it is an inherited trait. Not just from parent to child, but in the family, from what we can see some of my other family members (not my siblings) have it and I figured if my uncle can advance in the army with it, I can live on a farm with it. :D

We learned early on that spelling bees were NOT for me that if I had to have a spelling test, it had to be on paper or else I would NEVER get a word correct. (Ask my dad about the times he has had do to the tests, shudder!!).

As for papers, you should never expect a paper within in two weeks! It would take that long for me to try and write up quick draft. Even if it is a subject that I like such as baseball and American History, it would take me forever to get my thoughts on paper and then it was only half of what I wanted to say and not that great. :S

I think this blog has greatly surprised my parents in many different ways. In the first place, the fact that I wanted to do it, that I asked for it and I got it. Second, is that I have been posting this often and that the posts have not all been short posts. And thirdly is that it has stayed around for this amount of time. :D

Now, yes it does have its misspellings and yes the grammar is not the best, but the fact that I am trying is what pleases them. Now I need to work on perfecting my grammar and spelling. Something tells me this is going to be a lifelong job. At least, I know I can do other things well. :-)

No comments: