Monday, May 11, 2009

Shoes

I hate shoes!! I'm glad we have them, there are days and things I would not want to go without them, but other than those days in August and those jobs in the animal pens, I hate them and wish I could live without them.

Without thinking I have run out and served costumers in my bare feet. I have slipped my shoes off during market more times than mom cares to know about, I almost ran over to our neighbors to the west without shoes on yesterday! And have asked to go to friend's house without shoes, I am not the type of person who likes to show shop. I only like to own three pairs of shoes and all of those would be cowboy boots if I could!

I think one reason is the fact that I can never keep a pair of regular shoes or sandals for longer than two months, if that long! Ever since I was 8 I have had the worst time getting shoes to last me a year. And this goes back to when I lived in Houston, so there is no blaming the "rough life" of the country on it. I didn't wear them that much, only when I left the house. Which was maybe four times a week and one of those was for dance, so I only really wore them out of the house three times a week.

It started out, where we had to buy a new pair every year--A new pair of sneakers, a new pair of sandals, and a new pair of church shoes. Not all at the same time, but at least one pair a year.

Then it moved to a pair every six months. Church shoes might last me a little longer, but sandals and sneakers, NEVER!

Right before we moved out here it changed to sneakers never lasted me longer than four months. No, matter the brand, the style, the age, or the amount of wear, I could take a new pair of shoes and wear them out in four months.

I was known to wear a hole into a pair of keds in one wearing. It's gotten to the point where we don't buy sneakers for me anymore, we just buy the $5 sandals every month during the summer and during the winter I wear my cowboy boots.

But, even the boots don't last for every. My dad has to replace the soles in his boots every other year; I have to replace mine every year. We bought a pair that looked brand new at our thrift store last August; the soles need to be replace and not just the first layer, but the entire thing! It's horrid, how I go through shoes!!

Two weeks ago mom found some shoes that would work great as farm shoes on sale. She also found the same style in a nice blue that would work great for errands and church. First she found them at the Hempstead Wal-mart for $3 a pair. Then two days later I found them for $1 a pair. We now have around 30 pairs of the shoes in blue, black, red, orange, pink, tan, and one other color I can't think of right now.

They are really cute and everyone loves them, but me. They hurt my feet!! But I am wearing them to see if plastic can last, if it does I might invest in a couple pairs of crocs. But at this point I am wondering if I can even wear them!! So, if you see me at church, market, or running errands with a limp, you know why. :D

I had a picture of all thirty pairs of shoes lined up in the front hallway, but we seemed to have lost the camera again!! :-S So you will just have to imagine 30 pairs of shoes lined up. lol

No comments: