Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh, I Forgot!

So, this past Saturday on my way to Gorgan's Mill Farmer's market I have Linnea in the front next to me asleep, Noah right behind me non-stop talking and all my product and stuff for my both in my little geo. (Which, I might say I have gotten quite good at driving!)

AS I am leaving the Magnolia area, driving straight into the sun, something I think everyone hates doing, but something I am still learning to deal with. And to my right I see two dogs running on the side of the road, I check behind me to see how close the person behind me is driving, since I had just noticed they we either about to pass me or ride my tail.

As I look back at the dogs, I decided to put on my breaks knowing that they could come running out and I don't want the guy behind me to hit me! (That is my worst fear and the biggest thing that kept me from driving sooner). Right as I am about to hit the brakes a deer runs about a car and half length in front of me! I really hit the clutch and break then! It was running so fast I didn't have a problem and I didn't even wake up Linnea!

Boy did that scare me! I had pictures in my mind as it is running in front of me of a deer on my hood, my car totaled (small car and medium deer do not go well together!) and I was thinking how I would explain to dad and mom that I got to market late that day! lol

I will tell you I can laugh about it now, but I was a wee bit scared when it happened and was a little jumpy the rest of the drive there.

I think that was my fun and learning experience for the day!

No comments: