Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rain

I always seem to forget how much I love the rain.

I love the sound of it on the roof as I sit curled up with a good book. I love the sound of rain hitting the leaves as I run outside in the rain just for fun of running though the rain.

I love the smell of rain hitting the hot cement, and warm dirt. The smell of all the plants opening up and receiving the rain, it's a wonderful smell, one I wish I could bottle up and put in my candles. :D

One of my favorite things about living in Houston was all the rain that we got. Yeah, there were times when it went a few weeks without raining and yes there were those times where I did not want to see one more drop of rain!

I loved it when it would rain all day, it would be cloudy and over cast and I sit on my bed with some type of reading and a cup of something hot to drink. Be it a history book or a useless quick read, there is just something about being curled up with a good book and coffee or hot chocolate.

These are still things I can enjoy in the country, but not as much. Knowing that we need to keep an eye on the amount of rain we get in case a low animal area floods, or keep an eye on any so to be new moms, for it never seems to fail that an animal will decided that in the rain is the best time to have a baby.

Some people like their snow, I like my rain! :D And really enjoyed the thirty minutes or so that we got last night and am praying that we will get more over the next few days. :D

No comments: