Thursday, August 20, 2009

Taking In A Baseball Game

For those of you who do not care for baseball, this post is one that you will probably find boring. :D Sorry, but outside of reading baseball is my favorite thing to waste time on. :D



Thanks to Stub Hub, I was able to get some tickets to last night's Astros vs. Marlins game. Only six of us went--Dad, Mom, Grace, Timothy, Noah and myself. For two reasons 1)Dad only wanted to drive in one car and 2)Everyone else doesn't really care baseball and were fine with being left home. :D

We all enjoyed it, the seats were great, the game was well played, in all it was a nice relaxing night out. :D













Train full of oranges----->
















I enjoyed watching the Astros play small ball. I can't remember the last time I saw five bases stolen, and a triple in one game.

<-----Carlos Lee in the 7th Inning. He grounded out to second (I had to cheat by looking at my score card to remember that).









Valverde in the to his last batter----->

The only draw back to the game was the fact that the Astros used 6 pitchers, (Would have love to see that number at least cut in half!) And Jose Valverde ended up throwing over 40 pitches in the ninth, would have loved for that to ba a 1-2-3 inning!






Here were the totals at the end of the game. It was really nice to attend my second game of the season and have them win this one as well. As opposed to the past two years were I went to four games each and they lost all 8 games!!

Now, to watch tonight's rubber game on TV, if I can convince the girls that I don't want to watch National Treasure tonight. lol

Oh, and to let you know...The back seat of a '94 Volvo Station wagon was not meant for a 21 year old, no matter how much they want to sit next to their little brother!! lol

No comments: