Saturday, August 8, 2009

Habits

Have you ever noticed that everyone has little habits? Some are annoying, some are funny, and some you just don't really notice or care about?

One thing I have noticed is that in a large family everything is multiplied--laundry, dishes, laughs, cries, shoes, books, toys, people, everything, including habits! And again some are annoying, some are funny and then there are those habits that we rarely notice or care about. :D

I was going to post all my siblings habits, their names, and a picture so that you can put a name with the face and habit and ask them about their habits the next time you see them. But, then I realized that I have lived 21 fun filled years and as of right now I would love to keep living and enjoying their habits (well, at least the funny ones).

So, I will not post picture or names. Because if I were I would be boiled in oil, my head cut off and put out at the gate (that we do not have), and then I would be quartered and sent to the four corners of our lovely country (and not even be able to enjoy it!). So, as I would rather not be boiled in anything, I really kind of like where my head is right now, and I would love to see the country and be able to enjoy it, I will not be doing the mean, evil, older sister things that I thought of doing. :D

I will say that there are some that you can guess which sibling does what habit, just by having been around us for a little bit. And there is the one or two habits that my mom has talked about on here blog that I might link to. :D So, I will tell you about a couple habits, and I will say sibling instead of their name and just let y'all stew on who you think does what thing. :D

First there is the sibling that always whistles. Morning, noon, evening,and night, all the time! They have been doing this since they were about 6 years old, and when they were younger it was the worst off tune whistling you could imagine. Always three notes higher then it should be and making you think that it might be nicer to listen to me playing the clarinet in high C (which I wouldn't suggest!). Now as this sibling has gotten a litter older their whistling has gotten better and I have come to enjoy, I will sing along with them and I rarely ask them if "They were paid to be a canary?".

Some of us (yes, more than one) has the habit of licking our lips when thinking or working, I do it all the time and sometimes do it so bad I have to have lip balm with me at all times or else I come away with the worst dry lips ever. But there is one of my siblings that licks their nose when they are thinking or working hard. I'll stop right there! :D

Then there's that one thing that more than one of my siblings have done or are still do.....Nekkidicity, now that is funny! :D

The one habit that gets on my parents nerves as well as mine is that wonderful habit of quoting things. And when I say things it can be anything, it might be a song (and it all ways seems to be an annoying one or one you do not want them singing!), an ad, a book, a line from a move, or something you said. I have one sibling who is a wonderful mimic, careful what you say around this one or else it might be all over the place and everyone will know who said what and how they said it!!

The one that bothers me and my dad a lot is, doodling. Now I don't mind if you do it on your own paper or your own notes, but it's a whole 'nother ball of wax when you do it on someone else’s papers or any spare scrap of paper you can find. And most times I can tell who did it by the name that they scribbled over and over again, with doodling all round it. lol

And lastly I'll give you a habit I have, I might as well be fair to my siblings and share one of my habits.....I twist hair. You can laugh all you want and think it's no big deal, but my family will argue with you on that matter. :D I have bangs, only because of my incessant twisting. I can't keep my fingers still; if there is thread in my lap I will twist it, a child laying in my lap will get their hair twisted as well.

If you have ever been on the phone with my mom and heard her say "Ouch, Kate that hurt!!" That was because I was sitting there and twisting her hair, and it happened to get so twisted it was in a knot and I yanked it out. My toddler brothers have gotten used to me doing it during church, car rides, and movie watching and are fine with it, just as long as I don't twist it to tight enough to hurt. :D

There you go, a smattering of habits from a large family. :D

No comments: