Thursday, August 13, 2009

Girl's Day

So, yesterday I had some library books to return and needed to buy a zipper for a dress and thread for a shirt that I am sewing. :D

Seeing as the books needed to be returned in Magnolia (or two community colleges), and there was a fabric store in Magnolia that I have been wanting to go to for a good long while I decided to head into magnolia (the fact that it is closer might have also had something to do with it. :D ).

As I was thinking about what I had to do, I thought it would be fun to make an older girls day out of it. I would take Christin, Grace, and Sara we would go out for lunch, then go to the library and then check out the fabric store.

I asked mom, she said it sounded great to her, how about Wednesday?

As it turned out it was just Chris and Grace that I took with me, as Sara had a tooth pulled yesterday morning and wasn't looking nor wanting to go anywhere but bed.

We had lots of fun eating out at Taco Bell without having to watch for toddlers spilling water or dropping food on the ground. :D

The library was just as fun, since the library system that we use.--Has one of the best selection of books and the amount of books we can borrow at a time is almost unreal. lol

The fabric store was wonderful! We feel like we hit the jack-pot with it. It has a wonderful selection of fabric, more patterns then I have ever seen in one place, and other sewing items priced just perfectly for us, not to mention the people there were beyond nice. I will definitely be going back there when I need more sewing stuff. :D

In the end it was a wonderful time and we enjoyed the day out. Now, to see what I can do for Sara who had to miss out and the younger three girls. :D Something tells me another trip to the fabric store is in order, as Linnea has some sewing projects she wants to work on and Liberty loves looking at fabric. :D

Sometimes, taking the girls out isn't all that hard or bad. Just as long as they don't make me take them to get a manicure or their hair done! I think I would rather scrub dishes then do that!! But days like yesterday can be repeated as often as they or I would like, as it was very enjoyable. :D

And people think living in a large family is hard, no fun, and not enjoyable. They just haven't lived the life and have no idea. :D Wouldn't they be surprised! :D

3 comments:

Meredith Ivy said...

3 years ago right now our family was actually staying with dear friends in Magnolia, TX. It's a small world!

Katarina said...

Really? For vacation or awhile?

I have really grown to like Magnolia. :D Everyone there is really nice and I seem to be able to find all I need. Just waiting to see how long until we get our first Starbucks there. :-S

Rose said...

Sounds fun!!