Monday, September 14, 2009

My Weekend

This weekend was a little different from most of my other weekends.

I got up at the normal Saturday morning time, (which is way too early to even talk about) and headed out to pack for our markets. This week I had to hurry because I was leaving at 5:30 instead of the normal 6:30 leaving time--I was going to Austin with dad and had to have all the product packed before I left.

Once it was all packed and ready to go dad and I left for our 2 & 1/2 hour drive to Austin. While I thought I would get some sleep on the drive up I was wrong, I was kept awake because I had to watch where we were going in case I had to go up there without a parent. (I honestly can't see that happening anywhere in the near future!!) Even though I've driven to Austin once and been going there at least once a year for about ten years now it was a different route, plus dad wanted to make doubly sure there was no way I could get lost. lol

Once we got there I was introduced to all our regular costumers and the other vendors. As I am the last Carlson for them to meet, they already knew about me, I just didn't know about them. (It's always daunting to be the last person in our family for everyone to meet!) lol I did have one person ask if there were any more of us, lol I had the pleasure of telling her that there were no more for her to meet until May. lol

As it turns out because of the rain (and I heard from one man who goes every week that last Saturday was the first time in a year and half that it had rained on a Saturday in Austin) and not only did it rain on and off the whole time, it was either sprinkling or pouring the whole time. For me it was 'fast', because of the markets that I am used to going to tend to be very slow markets, but for dad and the other vendors at this market it was super sloooooow.

Once we got home, mom had Emma, Sara, and Linnea unload the car so that dad and I could watch the rest of the Cougars game. It was the first time that they had beat a team ranked over 25 since 1988, and I am told that I was at that game. (My parents went to UH and both helped with the cougar that UH had. Supposedly I went to more football games in my first ten years then baseball games. lol)

Then on Sunday Christin and I went to Sunday school. There were a couple of reasons it was just the two of us. 1) We had some friends from East Texas coming over and my younger sisters had to stay home to make sure the house got cleaned and they didn't miss one minute of our friends visit. 2) Someone had to go into town to drop off the three cheese orders that we had (or was it four? I can't remember) and lastly--3) I really didn't want to miss this Sunday School lesson. I have enjoyed the book and due to the last time we did the class I knew that it was going to be a good class. :D

Once I gave the cheese orders to those that had ordered it, Chris and I left. We got home by noon to be met by an overwhelming amount of kids. But then what did I expect when I was coming home to a house with 16 children!?!

The two moms and the oldest girls went to the croc outlet store, as they wanted to and I tagged along. :D Me and my shoes, I had to go get another pair!! No, in truth I could live without shoes and I sometimes feel that they came along with the fall I much rather run around with no shoes what so ever. But then that is a whole different subject.

I try to find comfortable shoes that last me a good long while (meaning longer than two months) and crocs are the only ones to live up to those standards. :D My friends very kindly bought me a pair of shoes. When I got home they were pegged as cute. Cute--Oh, wait that’s a whole 'nother post.

When we got home the two moms and oldest girls went through candle and soap scents. I thought the oldest how to make candles last year and we have been combining orders ever since. I have been wanting to expand my soap and candle scents and I had order a sample pack and we spent at least an hour deciding which scents we did and didn't like. (You have to be careful with the scent as your house will smell like it for days after you soap or make candles.)

Then we spent two hours going through books. Every time we visit we spend a good long while picking which books we want to borrow (or bring books in we are the family visiting) as both families love to learn and do a lot of reading both in school and out of school.

In the end it was a long, enjoyable, but very full weekend. Off to get evening chores started. :D

No comments: