Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Still Searching

As y'all have probably gathered by now, my family loves coffee. But in truth there are only a few who live on coffee, while the others just enjoy it and can live without. Really it's only half my family that really likes coffee, I have to say that in all honesty I think that tea is the drink of our house; we just have more people who drink coffee then most households do.

I am the only one in my family who will not drink tea (unless it's iced). Everyone from dad all the way down to Seth enjoy it, I stick with my coffee and hot chocolate. For years now I have been getting more then my fair share of 'grief' for not liking tea. I am always being told "You’re crazy! Tea is REALLY good." and my come back has always been "As soon as you find me a good licorice tea I'll start drinking tea." honestly never expecting to find any.

Well, about three weeks ago while in Central Market one of my sisters came running up to me over the top happy "KATIE!! Look what we found!” They had found some Licorice Peppermint tea.

Not having any extra cash on me that day I had to wait to try it. That day came this past Tuesday, when I was able to buy some. I had my first cup last night.

The stuff is nasty!!! It taste and smells like Echinacea Tea, on top of being SUPER sweet! I do not like my drinks to be sweet, it tasted as if there were a quarter cup of sugar in it. This was worst then 'cups of coffee' (rather, cups of sugar coffee) my younger siblings bring to me and I had added NO sugar what so ever to it. On top of that, it didn't even taste like licorice or peppermint!!

Now, to get rid of some tea that I don't think I will be wanting. Hmmmmm.....I wonder if Noah or Judah would like it......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Licorice, eh? Supposedly licorice contains a compound which is 50 times stronger than sugar, which may be what you tasted. Although, maybe it was just sugar.

Have you tried anise, star anise, or fennel seed? All three have flavors very similar to licorice.

Katarina said...

That would explain the sweetness. This stuff was on the verg of sickly sweet!

And there was no sugar in the cup unless a sister did as a joke...Hmmmm...I wonder....

I have not tried any those three, thought of it, but then I forget once I get to the store. :D

CamsShel said...

Oh, Katie, I have a link for you...

http://www.coffeebeandirect.com/index.php

you can even order green coffee beans and roast them yourself!

Katarina said...

Oh, now that looks like fun. :D This might just go on my standard Christmas gift list--Gift card for Coffee Bean Direct. lol

Thanks for the site!