Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New Baby!!!

Well the kids are bouncing off the walls way to excited. Telling everyone they know that number twelve is on the way. Well, truthfully it's everyone they meet even if they don't know that person; they are just too excited to hold in the news.

When at markets people will ask how we are able to handle all the work of living on a dairy, do we every get a break from milk or feeding the animals. And we normally reply with "Well in a family of thirteen there are lots of helpers around when you need them and we get jobs by the month and switch them around every month or so" or "with 11 children there are enough workers for the work to be done". That normally answers their original question, but brings on another dozen, which is fine with us.

This past Saturday I had Liberty with me at my market, and every time I would give that answer she would turn to me and say "14 people!!" or "That's not true KK there's 12 children!”

I also realized this past Saturday that I need to get a shirt that says "I'm the big sister!!" (And I might add, "Not the mother!"), and not just for when the baby is born but for now whenever I go out with any of my siblings under the age of ten.

So, now number twelve is on the way and I can't wait, though some people think I might have lost it because I am praying for mom to have twins. :D

Before anyone comments on it--Yes, I have heard that it's cheaper by the dozen. :D

8 comments:

Abigail said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to your mom! When is number 12 due?

Katarina said...

Oh, that just goes to show that I need more coffee, I thought I mentioned when she was due and intended to, but didn't. lol

She is due the first week of May, (I think that is what she said). :D But, I believe that Timothy is praying that she will go late and have it on his birthday--May 9th. :D

N said...

Wow, congratulations to your mom! Twins, huh? Yeah, you might be a little crazy. ;)

Meredith Ivy said...

Congratulations! That's great news, Katarina!

Anna Taylor said...

I am so happy for y'all!!

Have you read the sequel for "Cheaper by the Dozen"?

Rose said...

Congrats!!

Katarina said...

Yeah, my mom (and almost everyone else) thinks I am crazy when I say I want her to have twins. I just figured it would mean less fighting and more chances for me to hold her/him. lol

Katarina said...

Is the sequel to "Cheaper by the Dozen", title "All The Little Bells"?

If so I think I have.