Thursday, May 6, 2010

Meet My Family--Liberty

Meet Liberty the former youngest girl in our family

Over seven years ago God blessed us with a wonderful addition to our family. There was only one drawback--she didn't want to be born on my birthday, it was as if she was telling us she wanted to be different and her own little person.

After just having two years of getting used to a boy in the house, it took a little getting used to when we had another girl, but we were VERY happy to have another girl. Little did we know that she would grow up for the next seven years as the youngest girl. In our house it's not the youngest that gets spoiled it's the youngest girl. :D Libby is the youngest and boy does she know it! She thinks she can flash a smile on that cute chubby, freckled covered face of hers and get whatever she wants. And most of the time she is correct. lol All she needs to ask is "Mommy, I want these pony tails because they are pretty can I have them?" with a cute smile and she's got them. lol Or "Daddy, if I get one more quarter I can buy coffee the next time we go to Central Market, can I go get some from your car?" with a kiss, it's hers.

Even with being on the edge of being spoiled rotten she is a very loving and caring girl. When ever someone is hurt, upset, way to busy to do anything, or even angry, she is there to help you in what ever way she can. To make your life easier and more enjoyable. What ever you need doing to get it there she will do. If it's scrub the bathroom she'll do it, if it's watch the toddlers she'll do it. It it's to just sit there and hug ask her and it's done. She is a blessing and sometimes shames me greatly by showing me what I should do and how I should be treating my siblings. I sometimes think she should be in my spot as the oldest, because she does a much better job of it at the age of almost eight then I do at after 20 years of being the oldest!

What we also didn't know before she was born was that pink and frogs can mix wonderfully, at least they can for Liberty. The idea that if you kiss a frog and he will turn in to a prince has been proven a myth time and time again, because princess Liberty has tried many a time with her frogs and has yet to come up with one true prince. (Maybe it's an age thing.) Be that as it may she still loves her frogs. Ask her about frogs and she will give you an ear full! Be careful after a hard rain or you might end up with a frog in your face and a demand to kiss it! And if you are ever visiting you will make her week if you bring her some frogs (Ask some good friends of ours!).

She loves her animals to death (if you didn't already catch that with the frogs) she will help you tend the animals almost any time it is needed with no questions asked. She loves her goats with a passion and again will one day better me in another area--Goat keeping. Even now she is great with showing, milking, feeding, and enjoying them. She loves them and is truly a farm girl!

Truth be told, even with frogs being stuffed in my face (thankfully, I have yet to find them in my bed!) and her getting neigh unto everything she wants, I am thankful that God blessed us with her, I don't know what life would be like without her, she is a blessing in more than one way and I enjoy sharing my days with her. :D


No comments: