Sunday, May 23, 2010

Today Was.....

Was Dixie's first Major League game, Astros vs. Rays. No it wasn't her first baseball game as she has been to both Noah & Timothy's games.

The Tampa Bay Rays for reasons that partly make sense and partly don't are my mom's team. While the Astros for all the obvious reasons--I've only lived in the greater Houston area for 21 years & watched the Astros for 12 years--are my team. :D

Of course I had to sit through the entire game listening to my sisters back mom up & my dad crack jokes about how horrid the Astros are. After all "the team that is going to win the World Series is playing the worst team in baseball."

To top it all of the Astros had to lose a lead and let the Rays win. I'm not sure how much Dixie enjoyed the game (and no she doesn't win the medal for being the youngest Carlson to go to a game), as she slept through most of the game, but I do know that the boys enjoyed it.

I'm sure that there are very few people reading this who care about baseball, but it's one thing that I love and enjoy talking about it, plus I've waited 6 months to watch the Rays & Carl Crawford steal bases like Biggio used to, and to top it all off I couldn't think of anything else to talk about.

Y'all enjoy your week, while we on the farm work at getting ready for some major farm tours, summer, more birthdays, along with normal life. :D

No comments: