Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just For Fun

One of the things we do on the 4th of July is a history bee/quiz. How we do it all depends on how many people we can get who are willing to answer questions. It never fails that I have at least two people who end up hating me at the end of it, because I "came up with the questions and couldn't I PLEASE find a question that most people would know?"

Well, to give everyone (including my family) a chance of know some of the answer to my questions and because I have had a couple people ask me for my quiz for their own parties, I am going to post them on here, I might do a half dozen, but then I might do all of them. It all depends on how much time I have between now and the 4th. :D

Here goes......
  • Can you name two people who were on the committee to draft the declaration of independence?
  • What year was the 4th of July declared an official holiday?
  • When John Adams said “I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated, by succeeding Generations, as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shows, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more.” What was the day that he was talking about?
  • "And for the support of this Declaration with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor." How many signers of the Declaration of Independence died during the war or due to injuries from the war?
  • How many signers of the Declaration of Independence lost everything they owned & died in poverty?
  • Can you name three of the signers of the Declaration of Independence

There you go, 6 of the 100 questions from my quiz. Answer away, but no cheating. Not, like there is anything I can do about it. lol

No comments: