Friday, July 24, 2009

Yesterday

Well, the internet was down yesterday or else this would have been posted yesterday. :D

Dad and mom headed out around 12 o'clock with Sara on down. Meaning they had eight children ranging from 15 months to 15 years. :D Leaving Grace, Christin, and myself home. Why you ask, well they went to get five more goat, four females and one male. (Yes, I know y'all are all thinking "As if they didn't have enough goats!!") But, hey we really liked the buck (the first animal born on the farm) and we won't complain about more milk!!

I am sure the next question in everyone's mind is "Why were the oldest three left home?” am I correct? Well, I had to stay home to make yogurt, Grace had to stay home to work on the new pens and Christin--Well we are still trying to figure that one out. She said something about working on her AOR and sewing, but then Grace and I think she just wanted a day away from the toddlers. :D

While they were gone I didn't get as much as done as I thought I would. I got the yogurt started, watched the first half of "Gods and Generals", helped some friends with a goat, did oodles of laundry (and NO ONE ask how much oodles is!!), and took a three hour nap (I feel asleep during the movie). One would think with all the toddlers out of the house I could get it cleaned, work on the computer, read a book and a few other things. But NO, I have to laze around and do nothing.

You know what? I felt really good to do so. Now, I am not sure I would be able to do that every day, I am sure it would drive me "stark, raving mad" but once in a long while it is kind of fun enjoyable. :D

No comments: