Friday, July 17, 2009

Time Alone?

If you read my mom's blog you probable read her posts about the questions that she gets about being the mother of a large family. Well being a member of that family and esp. because I am the oldest I get my fair share of questions.

The one that I think I get the most is "When, if ever do you get time alone?!?" I laugh and reply with "All the time! All I need to do is walk into my room and lock the door! Or stay up late or get up early.". :D In any case I do get time alone, I did this morning, over two and half hours worth.

I had to get up early this morning for more than one reason....I needed to do my laundry and diapers for Seth and I wanted to get them started before everyone else was awake and telling me what they needed washed for markets tomorrow or Church on Sunday.

Also, I wanted to make some Capra-Cino, I have let down one too many people at market because I didn't have any. So, to make sure we had enough 'plain' milk and to do the Capra-Cino, I had to get going real early so we can have our pizza and possible movie tonight. :D Not, to mention early to Bed. :D

So, I got up an hour before anyone else and started laundry, and then headed out to the dairy where I pasteurized 19 gallons of milk. As I cleaned the processing room (washing any dirty dishes, clean the floor, wipe down the processing table, etc.) and labeled any product that wasn't labeled, I took the quite time to listen to R. C. Sproul's CD of the month (This month is on the book of Revelations).

Towards the end of the CD I realize that it is very quiet and what I am noticing is what people mean when they ask if I ever get time alone. I start wondering if this is what I really want and like.

About the time when I start thinking that if it continues in the same quite pattern that I just might go "stark raving mad". Noah sneaks into the dairy (Making him the second person awake in our family today), wraps his arms around me and says "I LOVE YOU K K!!".

After, I get over my fright, I realize that having time alone might be a nice thing, if you are used to it. But I am not and I miss having my siblings with me. Really, who could pass up time with Noah while he cleans the floor without being asked and wipes down tables, all because he saw you working and wanted to help you?! The entire time he is cleaning he is also chattering away about Judah this.....And Seth that....And why do I do this....And mom said....

It's after about thirty minutes of just Noah and me time, while we clean, sing, and talk that I realize that there might be something in this alone time.....And that is when there are two boys under the age of 5 in the same room playing!!! LOL

No comments: