Wednesday, November 11, 2009

AOR

AKA--Area Of Responsibility--That is the title of each child's responsibilities (O.K. not just child, as I get my monthly chores at the age of 21, when I am saying child, I am talking about each of my parent’s children). We are given them at the beginning of the month; sometimes we get them for one month, while other months it's for two months.

It all depends on what is going on in the family that month and how each child does their chore for that month. If we do our chores that month well and without complaining then we have a better chance of moving on or picking which chore we get for the next month. If we do the job poorly or gripe and complain the entire time, then there is a high probability that we will have it again.

My parent's goal is to make sure that each and every child can do their job without complaining and do it well, so that if someone gets sick or has to leave, then another person can step in and help with the chores. It's also to make sure that when we leave the house we know how to work hard, without complaining and to be able to fend for ourselves in all house hold chores.

For the past couple years, I have not really had any inside job. A couple times I have been giving the job of helping a younger child with the main areas, but if wasn't done then it was the younger child who was held responsible, my job was to teach not clean. I have also had the job of rotating laundry, and that was to give me a slight break. All I had to do was make sure the washer and dryer were always running. Nothing new for me, that was almost like telling me to make sure I kept breathing. lol

In the past year I have not had an inside job. I have either been working in the dairy or 'taking breaks' which means rotating laundry, watching the kids when needed, and helping in the dairy when needed (But that only happened once this year).

Then November came along, and I was reminded what my November job is. :D For the past five or six years, I may have gone the entire year without getting the kitchen as a job or for that gone without any inside job (which happened this year) until that wonderful month of getting ready for the holidays...November...Thanksgiving dinner planning, cooking, traditional Christmas Advent meals, and cookies. All fall on my shoulders, with mom's help.

Sometimes I have to ask why? Why me? Until I realize...Five years ago, I asked for it, loved it and did way to good of a job. And I have asked for it once since then, other than that I always get it and always love it, even with curve balls thrown my way.

I enjoy it way to much!! Cooking is something I love doing--The planning, the preparation, and the cooking is all so enjoyable (even if it is tiring). Which is why I am always getting the job, even if I don't ask for it...My mom knows I LOVE doing it. :D

And like I said there is always a curve ball. Most times (if not all the time) they are good curve balls. And what is this year's "curve ball"? I get to plan a Thanksgiving dinner for at least 35 people. :D

I wonder how many turkeys that will take and if I have enough space to brine them all. lol This is going to be way to fun!

13 comments:

Cameron said...

Did you make a random guess or did yu count?

Katarina said...

I counted, we have another family coming. :D

Anonymous said...

so how many cans of cranberry sauce will you have to get? 18 half a can for everyone or 35 o whole can for everyone.....

Katarina said...

Neither, It's a homemade batch. Which will be about a dozen bags. lol

Anonymous said...

well thats even better

Katarina said...

That's what I thought and apparently what my family thinks as they won't let me go a year without making it. :D

Anonymous said...

Is the stuffing home made also

Katarina said...

Yup, it sure is!!

Five years ago when I complained about one to many Thankgiving Dishes, and mom said I could redo whatever dishes I wanted to, stuffing was one of them.

I never liked the box stuff so I found a recipe that sounded good, made it and everyone LOVES it.

Anonymous said...

yummy you are making me hungry for thanksgiving

Katarina said...

Oh, mom kindly reminded me. We always buy a can or two of the jellied cranberry sauce as that is dad's favorite and he might taste mine, but never eat more then a taste. :D

So, at least one can of jellied cranberry sauce.

Anonymous said...

that is still good I just like home made everything better.

Katarina said...

Homemade is almost always better. :D

Anonymous said...

Thats right so when are the pictures of last week being posted.