Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Iowa

I am finally getting around to posting pictures from out trip to pick up goats a couple weeks ago. :D I'm going to show the pictures "backwards"--state by state in the order that we were in each state on our way back. Each state plus the Mississippi river will get its own post, enjoy! :D

Starting with Iowa--

I have to hand it to Iowa, it's a beautiful state. The only drawback it has is a major one--It snows there, and not only does it snow there it gets VERY, VERY cold there. My dad says that the coldest he ever got was in Iowa, where it got to something like 40 below zero. That's WAY too cold for me. :D But I did enjoy the scenery, barns, and hills. :D







Iowa also has some of the prettiest, older churches I have seen (not like I have seen that many). We did not get to go in them, as we were flying by most places and had about three minutes to try and get some drive by shots, (not counting the steeples that we saw from miles away), but even the quick three minute look was beautiful.


And here is the proof that it was WAY too cold--On the 5th of November I had to scrap ice off our windshield. And here is how southern I am. I didn't have an ice scraper, I've never used one. I ended up using the lid to my coffee cup. (Only to be told that my driver’s license or a credit card--which I don't have--would have worked better. lol)



It's kind of hard to see, but this picture was taken around 9 am, south of Des Moines Iowa. That white stuff in the field that looks like it a reflection of the sun off my windshield is actually frost!!


We kept seeing these signs all throughout our trip and we were wondering if the deer read them and knew they were only to pass in that stretch of the road. Guessing from the number of GIANT deer that we saw lying along the road outside of those stretches, they either did not read them or decided they knew better then the people who put out the signs. lol


Sunset, just northeast of Des Moines

No comments: