Thursday, November 19, 2009

Circus

A week and half ago the circus came to town!! And we got to go!!

I'm sure that everyone is thinking about Barnum and Bailey and that they came to Houston. If so, you are incorrect. :D We went to the Carson and Barnes Circus, in Waller Texas.

It was a Monday morning, and mom and dad were out of town still (they asked for the weekend off in Austin, and Christin and I said "Sure why not?"). And I had to get the younger three boys and Liberty out of the house so the older girls could get the house cleaned for mom and dad. Remembering that they were setting up the big tent that morning, I loaded GrandDavid, Seth, Noah, and Liberty in my car and asked my neighbor if they could take Judah (as I already knew she was going with her two children and had a spare seat).

I didn't think we would be able to go as it cost over $150 for our entire family, but I thought this would be a great way for the youngest four to see some of the circus fun and for GrandDavid to see it and remember when he went when he was a child.

So, we went and saw all the sights, watched the elephant help put up the tent and left. As we get in the car GrandDavid asks how much it would cost for our entire family to go, thinks on it for ten minutes and says "Let’s get the tickets, I think everyone will LOVE it!!". So we got the tickets, and the younger’s are ecstatic and the older are excited (Chris and I being the only children who had seen a circus, 17 years ago, were the only ones not talking about their first time at a circus).

All in all it was so much fun, the kids loved, the dogs, the olders loved the trapeze act, and of course the elephants were a hit with everyone. :D Even if Seth was way too tired and Judah decided that that was the best time to be sick all over dad.




"I'M GOING TO THE CIRCUS!!!"




"I'm not so sure about this circus thing, I saw those animals that are larger than my house and could eat me for dinner. Isn't there something else we could do tonight?!"




"Please hurry up and open!!"
(We got there 45 minutes early as it was a first come first serve for the seating and with the amount of people we have and all the littles that we have, we wanted to make sure we could all sit together at a "lower" level. Thus, making for a long wait and some impatient toddlers. lol)







Everyone waiting for it to start.




Oh, look Seth likes cotton candy. Two weeks before at our church's Reformation party, he wouldn't touch cotton candy with a ten foot pole (as he had his hand over his mouth to make sure no one would force him to eat it.) But at the circus, he loved it. lol Go figure.




The Elephants




The trapeze act

No comments: