Thursday, November 12, 2009

Whew!! Another Day On The Farm

Make that someone else’s farm. lol

We have this work group going where every other month four to six families from different farms gets together at one farm and does as much work as they can do in one day. With the idea of knocking out those jobs that takes more than two people to get it completed.

Yesterday we went to Tranquil Farms, some very good friends of ours. We are always visiting back and forth, and if you remember back to June when I talked about farm sitting, it was at their place where I was chasing the cows around.

Yesterday's project was one of my favorite. :D We installed insulation and drywall. It was such a nice feeling to look at that place in the morning and see a job half completed and by the time we had left have the entire place insulated and 1/4 of the ceiling dry walled.

And Yes, I love doing that job, in fact I love doing all sorts of house repair jobs. When it comes to a job on our place such as painting walls, pulling up carpet, putting down flooring, etc.. My sisters have to fight me for the job. Honestly I think the only job I prefer to house repair is cooking. :D (Yes, my sisters do have to fight me for cooking rights sometimes.)

But there is a drawback to house repairs. With insulation is that itchy feeling you get. I firmly believe that installing insulation is a job that should only be done on the coldest day of the year, with all the windows open so that you HAVE to wear long sleeve shirts and face mask. lol One of my sisters said they felt like a flee bitten dog. (How, they knew what a flee bitten dog feels like I have no idea, but that's what they said. :D )

And on our farm yesterday we flavored cheese, made Capra-cino, and yogurt. (It helps to live in a large family!!), and one of my sisters milked for some friends down the road. :D

Now to rest before tomorrow, where we have four markets and a birthday party. :D

No comments: