Monday, November 30, 2009

Tradition

At this point I am sure that there are a few people out there who might have a song other than a Christmas tune in their head now, I know I do. lol

Tradition is a very important part of our family. In one way or another we all stick to it. Some of us are a little loser when it comes to tradition, thinking that maybe a twist here or a twist there is lots of fun and what we need to keep the tradition going in our family this year. While some of us stick to the old way and don't want it changed at all.

Some traditions we have had since before I was born, while others have been made a tradition in the past few years, and then there are those traditions that been around forever but changed to fit our family.

While there are some traditions I can't wait to do, such as playing Christmas music first thing bright and early to wake everyone up the day after thanks giving. There are those that are hard to wait for, like waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to listen to, play, and sing Christmas music (esp. when now a days they are playing Christmas music days before thanksgiving!!).

Then there are others that I enjoy but wouldn't mind if well...If there wasn't so much work in it, such as bring mom and dad breakfast in bed while trying to get every child involved in the whole process on St. Lucia day.

The reason I am talking about tradition is because December is a month in which we do many different traditions. Starting from the day after Thanksgiving, (yes, I know that day does not fall in December) and lasting until New Year's Day (again, yes I do know that New Year's is not in December).

With traditions from Christmas music, to cooking, from decorating, to lighting candles, watching movies, to listen to Messiah. And as each and everything is something that is important to us, hardly a day will pass by this month in which we do not do a tradition of some sort.

As more times than I care to count I have been accused of being a traditionalist, I talk about the traditions we do all the time, and I am hoping to share some of our traditions here, but only as they happen. :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many can you have in one month.

Katarina said...

How many what?

Anonymous said...

different traditions

Katarina said...

Anywhere from one to three, not counting Christmas day. :D