Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Traditions--Light Seeing

For as long as I can remember when we lived in the city, twice a year ever year dad and mom would load us all up into what every vehicle that we had at the time and we would go around two neighborhoods and look at all the lights.

One night we would spend looking at lights in our neighborhood and the other night we would spend looking at the lights in the River Oaks area.

This is one of those traditions that probably stayed alive for all these years due to the amount of younger siblings that I have. Because something tells me that my dad wouldn't drive Chris and me around at the age of 20 and 21. lol (Though, this year I did offer to drive so dad could look, but he didn't take me up on it.)

And yet this is also one of those traditions that have changed over the years. First off there is not much to see in our neighborhood.  So, we've gone to going only one night and with us being in Houston very rarely at night it's moved so that we look at lights after Christmas Eve Service. It makes for Christmas Eve being a litter later than it used to, but a very enjoyable and memory filled evening. :D

No comments: