Thursday, December 31, 2009

Milk Production & Water Pipes

To start with, I love it when the goat's production starts going up. :D That means we can start doing the chocolate milk & Vanilla Bean Yogurt. There's nothing like our chocolate milk, :D I've had people call me snobbish when I try other milk. But there is no way you can beat 1 pound of dark chocolate per gallon of milk. And our vanilla bean yogurt is the best and this batch is the best I've ever made being almost spoonable and oh so yummy. :D

Water pipes. Something that you (or at least I tend) to take for granted until you don't have it. :D In the past nine days our family has broken, not one, not two, but THREE pipes. All resulting in having to have the water off anywhere from two hours to two days. :D The first one was broken three days before Christmas, somehow Christin was able to pull the main pipe to the house out of the ground and bust it in half. Something about dragging the hose to an animal pen, I'm not 100% certain how it happened, nor am I sure about the on in the dairy. All I know is it was broken and the water was off for two hours while dad fixed it. And this morning when I came in from milking Emma had broken a pipe in the old laundry room and the water was off yet again. Thankfully I have a very handy dad and he had it fixed within hours. :D

No comments: