Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's That Time of Year

When the kids in the family run around counting their pennies and asking what everyone wants for Christmas. For some people it's easy to guess what they want but just as fun to ask them to see if what they want is something you can get for them. As buying, wrapping, and giving gifts is one of my favorite things to do. I'm love the Christmas, I am always helping others buy and wrap gifts.

Some years I can't get what they want and some years I can. Seeing as this year one of my sisters wants a goat (a wether no less), another wants Mecate reins, and another wants a tent for when we do reenactments I don't think I will be able to fulfill all their Christmas wishes, but I can get things they will like, right?

We’ve also noticed that since moving out to the country almost everyone's Christmas wish list has changed. It's gone from things like pencils for drawing, Barbie’s and stuffed animals (no, that was never me), and computer games to. Goats, horse tack and a knife (set would be nice) with knife sharpener for when I have to butcher (yes, that would be me and it's the first time in five years I have a wish list).

And here my parents thought that Linnea was a little over the top with a tent on her wish list. I don't think they ever would have thought that one of their daughters would have asked for "A knife (set) for butchering" for Christmas. Oh, how the country can change people. lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

who wanted knifes. Don't I know that the country changes people.

Katarina said...

Me. A good set of knives and a good knife sharpener is on the top of my first Christmas list in five plus year. Butchering and cutting goat meat pointed out to me that my knives aren't the best in the world. :D

Anonymous said...

That would make since i guess.