Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Eve & New Years Day

You didn't really think my family would pass up a chance to make a tradition did you?

Our family's traditions for New Year's Eve and day aren't as set as most of our Christmas' traditions are, but they are still there and we do tend do them more often than not, they are after all traditions and our family is all for tradition. :D

We always do snack food, never a set dinner New Year’s Eve, always 7-layer dip (6-layer for those of us who do not like olives. Rather, for that all important me! :D ) Caso, chips, cheese sticks, and poppers about rounds out our meal. It sits out all evening and we snack on it while we all watch TV, play games, shoot fireworks, talk, and have family time.

New Year day we sleep in a little later then the norm and then we all gather as a family and watch the Rose Parade. Chores and more relaxing (The week between Christmas day and New Years is our laziest week of the entire year. :D ) Black eye peas and corn bread for lunch as all good southerns have. (Before anyone says anything it's all about tradition not luck!) Garnished with a tomato and pepper vinaigrette. Something we've been eating from my earliest memories. :D

I can't believe its New Year's Eve!! I have the feeling that the year has flown by and I was barely able to glimpse it. It amazes me!! I remember when the years used to drag by and it seemed to take forever for the next year to come, I also remember being told to be patient and enjoy those days, because there would be a day in my life when I would want to have those slow days back. Well, that time has come and I wish I could go back to the good ole slow days. :D

Now another year is on us and I can't wait to see what God has planned for us this year. The one I am most eagerly waiting for and can't wait until the time is here, is to see my newest littlest sister that will be joining our family in early May. :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

1 comment:

Rachel and Sarah said...

Oooh! Another sweet baby! Congratulations!