Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year Resolutions?

Nope, not me!  How about you?

O.K. so I have done it once--last year--other then that I was never one of those people who made a list of goals and things they wanted to complete by the end of the year. For me if I ever did make a list along those lines it was on my birthday, with the thought that I am starting a new year in my life and what did I want to accomplish this year of my life?

Only once on January first did I make a list.  Like I said it was last year and I was able to do two of the three goals on my list. The third goal? Well, instead of getting better and concurring the problem it only got worse (I have way too many papers in my life!)

This year did I make any goals?  Well, maybe, I think.   :D  These are things that I've been trying to either get better at or start for a while now.  Of course the first two on the list is to get better at my daily bible reading, and to read the entire bible this year.  That shouldn't be hard for me, I've been known to read a 1,000+ in less than two weeks.  The only thing is I don't want to fly through reading it just to be able to say I read the bible in less than a year, I want to be able to learn from it. If only my MP3 player was still working, :-S

Those are my first two goals of the year.  The other three?  I would love to learn Latin, Greek, and Hebrew (yes in that order).  But from previous experience I know I am not the best at learning other languages, esp. Since a number of my family members and friends will tell you I have yet to  conquer my native language of English. :D

So, there you have for the second time in my 21 1/2 years I have set New Year Resolutions, now to see if I can accomplish any of them. :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats funny Kate how did you manage only doing it twice? I usually have one for new years and one for my birthday.

Brooke said...

Hey!! Brooke here! ;) Thank you for stopping by my blog and leavng comments!

Katarina said...

I don't know, maybe it's the fact that I'm getting older.

LeeAnne said...

conquer....not concur. Concur means to agree with.

Katarina said...

Man, and I thought I did spell with it with the q.