Saturday, March 14, 2009

Is it Spring or Winter?

Either I can't except the fact that it is still Winter OR the weather can't decide if it should be Winter or Spring right now. With it being 45 degrees out right now I would think it's winter, but the 80 degrees we had a couple of days ago has me a bit on the frustrated side of things. At this point I just think it's the weather that is confused, since I have seen and heard a number of things to show me that it's spring. Here are a few pictures to help y'all see why I was thinking it might be Spring.....

Oh, and besides these pictures, I heard a nest of some sort of baby birds fighting over something, a couple days ago. I have yet to hear that sound in the winter!!


Our Apple Tree (or is it a pear tree?)

The fruit blossoms.




A rose from our bushes by the deck.




The Gardenia bush right outside the dairy




Some pictures of our new goats.--Our future milkers.
Chow time!!


"I want MY picture to be taken!" (They are almost worse then the two legged kids when it comes to a camera!)
"GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!"




My Garden.......




Yes, that is my garden and yes it is taking my entire desk. Why is that? Well for two reason 1) Spring, sprang up on me. 2) The freezing weather that we have been dealing with here at Swede Farm, caused any and all of my plants (including the lemon drop tree that I bought two months ago).

In my garden I have, three different tomato plants, three different peppers, two different squash, cucumbers, herbs, and a lemon drop tree. I am hoping that I will be able to get some work done on the beds, in the early part of this up coming week. And by this time next week to have the garden all in. But with the girls coming back I don't know much work I am really going to get done. Hey! Maybe I can put them to work in my garden! Hmmmm.....I wonder how that will work and if they will do it.....Hmmmmm.....Somthing to think on! lol

No comments: