Friday, March 27, 2009

Title Change?

When I graduated from high school I got the question "What are you going to do with you life now?" (As I am sure everyone gets at that time in their life). When I told people, that I was going to wait and see what God gave me to do and no I was not going to collage I got a fair number of stares and even more lectures. lol

After about a month God showed us what he wanted me to do. Among other things, I got a job......I became Farm Manager for Swede Farm. Now, truthfully that didn't stop all the lectures on why I should go to collage, but it slowed them down and I could stand them a little better. :D

Now, being Farm Manager for Swede Farm has changed over the years, from when we were a farm with only 5 goats for family milk to a dairy with 50+ goats for selling at markets. It used to be an easy laid back job, now it takes a little more time and energy.

We have noticed (mom and I) That over the past few months the jobs that would fall under my job as farm manager have either been handed off to or taken up by, the ever capable and but sometimes not always willing Grace. (Though when she knows she has to do it, she does it without quibbling.)

Grace is the one is studying to be a vet tech and has said if she knew that God did not want her to get married and have kids should be a vet. But without knowing that she is going the route she know she can do right now and that she know will help her no matter what she will do when she is grown and possible married--A Vet tech.

That leaves me without a job (well, sort of). So when people ask me what I am going to do with my life now (Which I still get a lot! And more so then my 19 year old sister!!), I am stuck without the Farm Manager line. Though I have realized the line "Well, I own and run my own business as well as help with the family dairy." works REAL well! lol

But now we are trying to think of a new title since now that Grace has taken over most of the farm manager jobs and I have been doing a lot of pasteurizing, labeling, keeping track of what labels we have and what product we have or need to make. Dad did jokingly say I was the vice president of milk processing. I didn't like and it was a little longer then I would like to throw out there. I mean farm manager is so easy and quick to say can you imagine saying that title my dad came up with? That would kill any conversation on the spot. lol

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Well, I know what you're going through. I decided that since my jobs were so varying but all for the service of my family and under that headship of my father, AND because I am delighted to do them all, I would call myself a "Professional Daughter"

Recently I started telling people that I am a homemaker. I really enjoying being able to say that and wish I would have started sooner.
Blessings,
Kelly