Thursday, March 26, 2009

You Know It's Wet on Swede Farm.....

When at least one of the following things happens in a day....

1) You slip and slide your entire way to the dairy from the house or visa verse.

2) You spend the entire time of your trip from the house to the dairy and back again praying that you can get to the sidewalk safely on both feet without having ended up on your back!

3) You have to go the long way to the dairy

4) The toddlers are always coming in wet and covered in mud

Well, all four have happened here, today alone! lol I slipped and sled my way to the dairy and back again, the long way, praying the entire time I wouldn't fall, not to mention I had to go back a few times to get my shoe that had fallen off as I ran. When I got to the house on more then one occasion, I was met by some some very wet boys.

When we lived in the city I LOVED it when it rained, I loved the sound of rain hitting the roof, the sound and smell of it hitting the hot cement. The look of lightening in the sky and the sound of the thunder right afterwards. The look of everything wet, and those days when we had wind with the rain were some of my favorites!

I am also the nutcase that always wanted a category #1 or #2 hurricane to hit us so I could have a combination of both in a big way. All I got was Tropical storm Allison to come and ruin my birthday party. lol

Since moving out to the country, I still love it. When Ike hit us, I was out at three am watching the wind and rain for an hour and enjoying it ever so much. (I knew all the animals were as safe as they could be.)

There have been a few drawbacks to rain and wind in the country. 1)When those surprise storms come up it's a little hard to enjoy them when you are worrying about the animal,s (Be they the small rabbits or the huge horses). 2) Its also a little hard to enjoy the rain when you know afterwards it's going to mean tons of mopping in the end.

I have no idea how much rain we have gotten in the past two weeks, when it comes to inches. All I know is it's been a lot. We have had a lake more then once in our front yard and have been battling trying to keep the goats dry and clean.

Now, I shouldn't be complaining since Texas is going through one of it's worst droughts in a while. Not to mention with all this rain the burn bans are bound to be lees, so we can burn more (to bad I don't have some fireworks that sounds fun right about now. :-s But I need to wait for the 4th of July and ray we aren't under a burn ban then.) Oh and it helps my garden, so I don't have to water it with a hose or tote water from the pond (that is the BEST water for the garden!)

Just to let you know--I love rain! But only when I am in the city and don't have to worry about animals. :D

No comments: