Wednesday, April 8, 2009

All Righty Then

So Monday was the big night, the night I had been looking forward to for six months. The night Roy Oswalt would take the mound with Pudge catching, Berkman at first, Miggy at short, Lee, Bourn, and Pence in outfield. I would sit down with my family eat hot dogs and cracker jacks while folding and putting away laundry as a family, correct?

Well, that's in a perfect world, were the yogurt bottles it's self, the goats milk them self and all the remote controls are where they belong and in working order and the cable box is in fine working order.

Guess what. I don't live in a perfect world! Much as I want to and have tried to make it a perfect world (only to find that I can't do that), God has decided that I need to live in this imperfect world learning many lessons.

He had some lessons in store for me Monday night!

First lesson--Patience.
Second lesson--Control my anger.
Third lesson--Don't cry when you can't watch the Astros or when they lose.
Fourth lesson--Don't be mean to my siblings because I can't have what I want.
Fifth lesson--Don't take my anger out on my family.

All very good lessons and lessons I should have learned a LONG time ago. But, I haven't :-S And since I haven't I got a lesson in them. :-S

So, to let you know. I enjoyed the hot dogs (I wasn't able to get any cracker jacks) with my brothers as they watched me try to change the channel on the cable box (for some reason the buttons always pop out after a month of having it.) And I enjoyed listening to the game on the computer with all the kids as dad ran to Wal-Mart to get something to fix the toilet, a remote control, some soap making supplies, and to have sometime with mom.

Now, hopefully I will learn my lessons and take them with me to the end of my life making me a better person! Time will tell.

No comments: