Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm Addicted.....

To books!!

There my dirty little secret is out! lol

A while back mom, a couple sisters and I were filling out something, (I don't remember what or why) and we were taking turns answering the questions for each person. One of the questions was "Are you addicted to anything?" Mom (who was doing most of the filing out since she was the one at the computer) answered for me-chocolate, coffee, and books.

At the time we all laughed and told mom that chocolate and coffee might be true, but come on! Who is and can be addicted to books?

Well, in the past year I have come to realize, that like the other 99% of the time, mom was correct. I am addicted to books! I love to read, I love to flip through books, walk between bookcases and look at the titles, I get in more trouble reading then almost anything else and one of my favorite ways to spend time is in the Library. :D

When I walk into a book store I always walk out one more book richer. Now, I have gotten pretty good at not going into a book store when I don't have money or when I have books that I don't like or I am not going to read it any more I sell them (and 99% of the time I turn around and buy some more books with them). I once saw a T-shirt that said "Lead me not into temptation…especially bookstores." That is me. lol

Last weekend the Houston library had their annul book sale (why they would want to get rid of such great books I have no idea, but their loss is my gain!). The first two days are when the books are bought at the price on the front cover. The third day is brown bag day. That is where you get a sack and you pay $10 for how ever many books you can cram into the bag without it ripping or books over the top of the bag.

I bought two bags, and mom/family bought another bag. Going in I knew I was going to buy no less then two. Because I wasn't just buying for me, I was getting birthday and Christmas presents as well. :D

I bought 27 books!! All for my use and pleasure. (and no that is not counting the books I got as presents). Some books where on my wish list, some just looked neat, and others were books that covered an area that I have been wanting a book on, but didn't know what book to get (I have always wanted a book on Supreme Court decisions. :D ).

Now, to find a place on my bookshelves! LOL

1 comment:

Sarah Chip said...

It's funny how addictions come about and how you can have an addiction and not even know it! I usually know I'm getting addicted to something when my siblings start NOT telling me about finding what ever it is I'm addicted to i.e. bugs, dictionaries, etc. or when I do find something like that they tell me "NO" and "walk away before it's too late!" lol