Friday, April 3, 2009

The Astros are Back in Town!!

For you non-baseball people this post is not for you! lol

Yesterday the Astros' broke up spring training in Florida after a split squad game against the Braves. While the other half of the squad was here in Texas playing our minor league team the Corpus Christi Hooks. Now, the Astros are in Houston. They play two exhibition games against the Cleveland Indians.

If I wasn't busy with normal Friday dairy work, or Tim didn't have a game tomorrow I would be pushing very hard to go see the Astros tonight or tomorrow. I don't care if it's just the Indians, I don't care if the games don't count, I don't care if all I will see play is our third string players!! All I care about is that I will be watching an Astros game for the first time in 6 months!

It's kind of hard to go 4 months without baseball. Which is what I had to do until the last of February, when spring training started. (You would think after 10+ years of baseball watching I would be used to it, but I am not.)

For the past month I have been listening to the 'Stros on the radio, and much as I enjoy listening to Milo Hamilton, Dave Raymond, and Brett Dolan, (proven by the fact that you will often find me listening to them at a game) there is nothing like sitting in the stands (even if you are "up with the birds") watching the game live, hear the crack of the bat, watching the runners round first, second, or third for yourself, being part of crowd as Lance Berkman, Roy O, Carlos Lee, and the other Astros take the field. And I can't wait for my first game of the year! :D

No comments: