Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Midwifery Conference

In my case this is the main reason that Swede Farm Naturals started. At the end of 2006 they were looking for vendors for the conference and mom wondered if a friend of ours who made soap would like to be a vendor. Mom hates making phone calls, so she had me do it (I had to call the lady anyways, so why not kill two birds with one stone?) So, I made the phone call never really know how it would change my money making future. lol

I asked her and she replied with "No, but you can! Here's how you do it. And while you are at it why don't you try candles and lotions? Oh, and I have enough stuff to get you started!"

When I was talking to mom about it she thought I should also add a "mommy and baby" line, a balm line, and a pampering line. It also went like this. "If you are going to do candles you should do Soy candles, they are the best and my favorite! I think you should look for scents that smell like _____, try and match you candles to you soaps and lotions, and make gift baskets!"

To this day I am SOOOO Glad that I did not look at my list of products that I had to make until I had them bought, made, packaged, and labeled!

Well, after that fast and surprising start, I am still going one year latter and attended my second conference. All the midwives loved it (even though I did have to do a little correcting "No, this is MY business! The dairy is the family's and the soaps are mine, when I get married and move out I am taking it with me. :D ) and I had a very enjoyable time. :D

Now, we will have to wait and see if I will be there next year in Austin, like so many of them wanted me to. :D

No comments: