Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Well......

So, after practicing my parallel parking last night (in a stick shift and the rain). Mom and I got up at 5 this morning so that we could be first in line for the driving test. In Hempstead they only do the driving test Tuesday morning, and with dad having been there, he told us the earlier the better.

The whole way there mom is of course giving me tips (I had already had a good handful from dad.) and I am thinking, well if I can pass in this rain, I can pass anything. I just need to get pass the parallel parking, considering I had not tried it in this car (just the stick shift) and I HATE this car. So all things considered, if I can pass now, I feel O.K. driving.

Well, we get there at 6:30 and NO ONE is there. Hmmmm....Well, we find out they don't open 'till 8. So now what? Well, we decide that mom is going to get breakfast and I will stay there so that we don't lose our spot as first (hey, it's Tuesday and we have to get ready for market tonight!)

So, I walk back with mom to get my book bag (which I always have with me) and as I am about to walk up another car drives up and the driver says....

"We don't open 'til 8."
Me: "Thanks" As I walk towards the door.
Driver: "Are you getting in line?"
Me: "Ummm...Yes"
Driver: "What for?"
Me: "Take the driving test"
Driver: "Oh, we do that ever day of the week now, so we don't have lines."
Me: "Ummmmm......O.K....Hmmm..."

So, mom and I went and got breakfast together and filled up on gas. :D Got back and sat there for an hour (If we had gone home, we would have had to turn around as soon as we pulled into the driveway). At eight we go in and get told that they won't be doing any test today because of the weather. They want the ground to be dry when they do the test! And here I was thinking I could do it and knowing if I could pass in the rain (and lots of it) that I would be good. But now, I am told I have to wait until the ground is dry to take the test. Which means no license until late next week. :S And I had just talked myself into doing it, saying I could do it and it was no big deal. Now, I have to do that all over again. Here's praying I don't get sick right before I need to take the test next week! :D

At least now we know for the other kids, They don't have to wait until Tuesday, any day they talk themselves into doing it they can! lol

2 comments:

Sarah Chip said...

I'm sorry you weren't able to take the test today. I know how aggravating that can be, especially when you get all ready for it. I'll be praying that, when you do end up taking it, that you will be able to remember everything correctly and everything will go smooth.

Katarina said...

Well, pray for me now! Because I am going, in about thirty minutes!