Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday



This is from mom's blog.....

Today Emma is eleven. WHERE did the years go? We celebrated with friends over the weekend. Today Emma ran errands with her dad and I, to enjoy some special mom and dad time. Then she went with me to the farmer's market in Bryan/College Station. Now we are waiting for the dinner of her choice--barbecue stuffed baked potatoes, followed by icecream cones. Yum!

More importantly is the lovely young woman that Emma is becoming. She is a hard worker with a quirky sense of humor who loves spending time with people even if it is during a difficult job. She loves to serve. She works hard and plays hard, still having the best of both worlds; child and young adult.
I agree with mom, totally! :D I can't remember where the time went, I remember when she was born, I remember the trouble she has given me. The times when she wouldn't let anyone have her but me. (So, much so that people thought I was her mom!!) But she's been a joy to have around and her sense of humor is only rivaled by Grace. lol

I love her dearly and am very thankful that we were blessed to have her. Even when her wit is about to kill me and her never ending mimicking of anything and everything. She's a doll! :D

3 comments:

Sarah Chip said...

Happy Birthday to Emma!! I hope she had a wonderful birthday! Younger siblings are a blessing, aren't they? (Even though the are also a trial at times). Wow, 11?!?! She's getting so big!

Katarina said...

"Wow, 11?!?! She's getting so big!"

Yeah, I know! lol I remember when she was born!! I don't even want to think about when she is my age. lol

LeeAnne said...

Happy Birthday!!


Emma.