Friday, April 24, 2009

Whew!

Talk about a busy day! :D

It started out with me rolling out of bed at nine. (yeah, I know "Early bed, early to rise" isn't really me. I'm related to my dad! lol) After leisurely getting out of bed I got ready for the day, sorted out my laundry, made my bed. Then headed out to the dairy.

In the dairy I had to decide how much yogurt I was going to make today. With that in mind I headed into the house, where I talked on more then one subject, but did get the answer to my yogurt question, and some chocolate milk labels printed. :D Once I was back in the dairy I started the yogurt (it happens to have been vanilla bean today).

Once it was started I labeled all the chocolate milk, that I had made last night. It took me a little longer then normal, but what can I do when I have a very adorable 6 year old hanging on me wanting to help? Say "No! Now go away!!"? No, not really. lol So, she helped me, make sure all the bottles got labeled and back in the fridge.

After that I headed into the house to work on a label for our new drink "Capri-Cino". Needing mom's help (because she had a way she wanted it done) I go searching for her. Only to find she is not on the property. She and Grace have gone to run a few errands. So, I do the best I can until she gets home. At the same time keeping an eye on the yogurt and toddlers.

For about thirty minutes in there somewhere, I lock myself in my room with a good book. I needed some reading time other then midnight! :D
When mom gets home she asks me if I want to go see a pig being butchered (we have some friends who decided it was time for the pig to go when he got into the moms lilies. lol ). :D I would LOVE to, but can't since I have to do the yogurt, plus someone has to stay home since Christin wants to go, as well as Emma and while they are gone mom, dad, Grace and Sara were going to Collage Station for mom and dad to run some errands while Grace and Sara did something for 4-H. So, I got to stay home. (With the hope that I might get to go the next time, when the other pig gets into the lilies. lol)

By now, dad has left to drive a bus, mom has come and gone from dropping the two girls off at our friends house, and is working on dinner. I am keeping an eye on the yogurt and wasting time on the computer looking at books that a near by library has. (As if I didn't have enough reading material already!)

Mom, dad, Grace, and Sara leave. Mom being the wonderful, thoughtful, mother that she is, already has dinner half done and all I have to do is turn the oven on in thirty minutes for the rolls and stir the soup.

In that thirty minutes I direct Linnea to clean the milk room, Timothy the living room, Liberty the hallways and I play with Noah and Judah! :D What fun!

After dinner is served and cleaned up from, I head into mom's room to lay the boys down and watch a little baseball, while going through some scents that I am interested in buying. After the boys are asleep )just in time, I might add) I head out to the dairy and bottle the yogurt. I then come in to call dad with a milk question, where I end up staying for the next hour holding a very crumpy Judah. :S

Now, that he is back asleep and I have done a few odd and end things, I am heading out to make sure the processing room is clean and ready for loading product tomorrow for both markets. Plus, I need to make sure all product is ready to go and i have my clothes out so, I can get as much sleep as possible. :D

There, you go, my busy yet full day. I sometimes think the laid back days are the hardest to deal with, even if they are the most enjoyable.

1 comment:

Sarah Chip said...

Wow! It sounds like you had a VERY busy day!! I'm sorry you weren't able to go see the pig get butchered. That sounds like it would have been a lot of fun!