Monday, April 13, 2009

Just to Let You Know

I have been asked this from time to time and I have finally come up with the answer! :D

Question: "What is the worst farm chore for you?" or "What farm chore do you like the least?"

Answer: "Raking up wet dairy berries!!"

I would much rather butcher then rake up wet dairy berries. And before anyone asks, 1)Yes there is a difference. and 2)No, I don't mind 'dry' dairy berries. :D

And why am I saying this now? Well, over an hour ago I came in for breakfast, and I had just finished filling three wheel barrel fulls of dairy berries for my now WAY to late garden. :-S

I just thought I would let y'all know that about this! lol

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Goat "berries" make good fertilizer? Interesting. Doesn't seem like they absord too well since we still have some laying around here from 10 years ago! :P

Katarina said...

Wonderful fertilizer!! Esp, if you let it compost a little bit.

As for being wet....We had a TON of rain this past two weeks and 15 goats in the pen. Along with that we had to give them a lot of hay because it got cold (that is cold for us in Texas lol) so the mixture of hey and "dairy berries" was wet and not fun to work with at all!!

A few goats in a pen and you have no problem (we had three for about a year and I didn't clean out the pen very much) but the combination of lots of goats, hay, and water makes for an icky wet mess. :-S