Thursday, April 23, 2009

That Was Fun!!

NOT!!

This post could have also been titled--"Grace and I are going into business together.......Picking locks!"

Between Grace and myself we just spent an hour unlocking our little white GEO. And no, we did not have any buttons to push, slightly opened windows, or any other thing to make the job slightly easier. :S

It was a case of opening the door just enough to to stick a wire and something else slim in the door, then wrap the wire around the lock and pull up.

It took about 30 minutes to get the wire on the lock (and then 30 seconds each time it slipped off afterwards). Then another 30 minutes figuring out how to pull the lock up without the wire coming off the lock. After a lot of sighing, eye rolling, and tons of laughter we finally got it done! Thankfully we were able to laugh our whole way through it since we were at home and had no real pressure to get it unlocked.

Well, O.K., so maybe the four gallons of milk for the babies and 8 oz bottles for the chocolate milk was what was pushing me to get it done. LOL But, at least we didn't have to get somewhere.

And what did I do as soon as I got the car unlocked? Something I had been meaning to do for ages! I took the extra key for this car off of mom's key chain and put it on mine. So, all three drives (or people in charge of the keys) now has a key to each of the cars. :D

I was told about two years ago when I unlocked the big blue 15 passenger van in close to the same manner, that if I ever went to collage I would be able to at least buy my food with what I earned from opening locked cars. lol Well, since I won't be going to collage, maybe I should be able to find another way to put this to good use. LOL

No comments: